Butternut Squash is the perfect winter soup. Try this soup instead of a can of Campbell’s soup. Keep in mind the Campbell’s soup is loaded in sodium and ingredients that are not good for you. Try making a fresh pot of soup and freeze the rest for later on in the week. I guarantee you’ll love it.
Prep Time: 1.5 hours
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 butternut squash
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- parchment paper
- Peel butternut squash and remove seeds but do not throw them away! They are delicious roasted or on salads. Chop into cubes.
- Add butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast until squash is easily speared with a fork.
- Add butternut squash to blender, Add ½ cup filtered water to blender. Blend until squash is smooth. Add more water to desired consistency.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to blender. Follow with cinnamon and sea salt to taste.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika. Excellent served both hot and cool.