This smoothie tastes like it would be dessert, but it’s actually extremely healthy! Cocoa powder (preferably the raw kind found in most health food stores) is a natural “superfood” packed with disease-fighting antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Peanut butter gives the drink a thick milkshake-like texture, added protein, and healthy fats.
Prep time: 5
Yields: 1 smoothie
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened, organic and raw is best)
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (like almond milk for example)
- 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 3 ice cubes
- (optional) other super foods like maca powder or protein powder
- To sweeten add a drop or so of maple syrup or honey
- Blend everything together and enjoy! Add toppings like melted dark chocolate, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon, or nuts to garnish if you’d like.