The whole family will love this one! Something sweet yet wholesome at the same time. This guiltless pleasure is sure to be a household staple, if not tradition! HEALTHY SWEETS!!!
Yield: 9 servings
- 1/3 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/3 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a bowl, stir all ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Put the mixture in the fridge to chill and firm up, at least 2 hours.
- Roll into balls and place them in the freezer while making the chocolate.
- 2/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 cup cacao powder
- Mix together the cacao butter and sweetener in a bowl set over a pot of hot water. This is important to keep the chocolate fluid. Sift in the cacao powder and gently whisk the mixture together until smooth.
- Dip the truffles into the chocolate and remove them with a fork, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Set on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Let set in the fridge for a few minutes and drizzle more chocolate on top if desired. Dust with cinnamon.