Here’s a yummy minestrone soup to try for one of these winter days. This recipe is full of nutritional veggies and protein. Have this soup with a yummy salad or sandwich wrap.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 stalk celery
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 g) cooked chickpeas, drained or (Cook like the package says)
- 1/2 cup (63 g) zucchini, cut in pieces, steamed
- 1/2 cup (130 g) cooked kidney beans, drained or (Cook like the package says)
- Place the broth, tomatoes, onion, celery, pepper, oregano, basil, salt, tomato paste, and flax seed into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.