This coconut – mushroom soup is full of flavor! I love having this soup on a cold winter day for lunch!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 pound crimini, portobello, or other mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 tablespoon chickpea miso
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (more if need be)
- 4 large carrots
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of cooked drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1. Chop all produce ingredients.
2. Cook the mushrooms, onions and garlic in coconut milk, coconut oil, chickpea miso, paprika and red pepper flakes (if using); adding a little bit of water if needed.
3. After 15 minutes on the stove top, add in the carrots and broccoli and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Toss in the kale and chickpeas (drained) right before serving. Garnish with a few pieces of cilantro.