This smoothie screams out “Fall is here!” with its pumpkin pie filling flavor. The added almond butter helps to keep you nice and full thanks to its healthy fats and protein.
Prep time: 5
Yields: 2 smoothies
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (unsweetened, not pumpkin pie filling. Libby’s is a good brand to try)
- 2 big tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or another type of milk of your choice (or just water if not)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or make your own using cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves)
- 6 ice cubes
- Blend everything together and enjoy. Without the ice, this would also make a great “pumpkin butter” spread for adding to toast, muffins, or pancakes.