This nutritious salad will infuse your taste buds with all kinds of flavor! Prepare this salad in advance and you take it to work for a couple of days. This saves you time and energy during the week.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1 3/4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Tablespoon Fresh Lime juice
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- 4 Cups of Spinach or mixed greens
- 1 Fresh Ripe Avocado sliced
- 1 Can (15 ounce) Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- Rinse the quinoa and drain. Place in a saucepan with the water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for another 8 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from the pan and fluff with a fork onto a plate to cool. When cool, add the pepper and scallions. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Toss with the quinoa.
- To serve, place arugula on a plate, spoon the quinoa salad on top, then garnish with fresh sliced avocado, a spoon of drained black beans, and a sprinkle of cilantro.