You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these strawberry pancakes. This is sure to become a household staple!
Yields: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch or two kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Oil, for skillet
- Strawberry Banana Soft Serve (3 strawberries + 1 frozen banana, processed in food processor
- 1. Preheat oven to 250F and grab a baking sheet. Whisk the dry ingredients (flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt) in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (coconut milk, warm water, vanilla, maple syrup) and then add to the dry ingredients. Whisk well until no clumps remain.
- 2. Preheat the skillet over medium heat and add some oil on the pan. Pour 1/4 cup of batter, per pancake, onto the skillet and quickly smooth out a circle with the back of a spoon. Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface and the bottoms of pancakes are golden. Reduce heat if necessary (I cook them on heat # ‘3’). Transfer to baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
- 3. Slice about 20 strawberries. To make the Strawberry Banana soft serve process a frozen banana with a few strawberries to make the cream sauce. Once the pancakes are stacked, scoop the strawberry banana soft serve on top. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.