This salad is totally filling and can be eaten for lunch or dinner. You can also put this mixture into a collard wrap or sprouted tortilla wrap!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 4 cups combination of chickpeas, kidney beans and black beans (rinse and drain first if using canned)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup green or red bell pepper, chopped (or combination of both)
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions (mostly green portion, not as much white), sliced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil ( omit for oil-free version)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (use 1 teaspoon for extra ‘kick’)
- 1/2 – 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped (cored first, peeling optional), and tossed in 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- couple pinches ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients tossing well to fully mix.
- Season to taste with extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Let sit several hours for the flavors to absorb.